Most of today can be described in two words, "brain dead." After virtually no sleep, James and I met with the rest of our travel companions for the next two weeks at the Minneapolis/St. Paul Interantional Airport. I had a lovely time trying to walk around the airport with my newly swollen Kankels (now black and blue.) With a bit of ice during the flight from Minneapolis to Chicago I was able to stop most of the pain.
My good friend Paul from Chicago was able to come meet us at the airport. From there he carted our starving bodies to a really great Puerto Rican Restaurant. I was able to try a new dish already, a very pleasant surprise. The menu features many entrees with Mofango, something I would liken to mashed plantain mixed with little bits of hard bacon and onion. Along with the Mofango, you were able to choose a type of meat or seafood to be served with the dish. I of course choose the roasted pork.

After lunch we went to an appropriately titled bar (Map Room) to shoot some pool and have a couple brews. Their sellection is really great, I was even surprised to see a Minneapolis contender on the list, the Surly Bender.

Leaving Paul we hopped onto the Blue line to head for O'hare. That brings me to this moment and a complete and utter lack of a brain.
A 14-hour hibernation will do a body right.
Hey John Boy---explain the swollen Kankles. What did you do? Hope they are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteSis
i agree...what happened with that??
ReplyDelete