Eating a Kit Kat bar in India presents itself with new challenges. Due to the excessive heat, the bar is liquefied many times over by the time it travels from the factory to the small little shack in the dark little alley. As soon as the little red wrapper is opened everything within a 3 foot radius will be covered in chocolate and bits of wafer. I wonder if the Indians have perfected the art of opening a melted chocolate bar?

Today was spent exploring the massive temple in the city and the many busy streets. Walking through an Indian city is like walking through a three ring circus. The animals are present. You get the typical barn yard line up. The cows, considered to be sacred, rule the street. You can see the smug yet calm look on their faces when the sputtering rickshaws, massive colorful trucks and motorcycles battle it out for the small section of road that is not a barn. In addition to the cows I have spotted herds of goats, hens clucking, pecking at the ground, stray dogs that look like they all belong to the same family, a lonely mule tied to a poll and two small horses trotting down the street with no riders. The freak show here is among the best in world. I am sure that today I saw the bearded lady, the dwarf, the fire thrower and the guy that stabs things into his head.


No comments:
Post a Comment