Similan Islands
This town reminds me too much of the U.S. At times it feels as though I could be in any terrible tourist town on the Florida coast. There are the same cheesy souvenir shops, 7/11's (although they are actually ubiquitous throughout Thailand) over priced resorts and package tourists. It was a 1.5 hrs speed boat ride out to the Islands today with sunny skys on the way out and rain on the way back. We made two different stops along the archipelago. The snorkeling was great, it makes me want to be a merman. With visibility of up to 20 meters I was able to see colorful fish abound, hard and soft corals, sea stars and sea snakes. It was a symphony of colors. I was thoroughly disappointed to be torn from the waters when it was time to head back to the mainland.
So no whale sharks but there were copious amounts of bright colors fluttering through the crystal blue waters.

Another photo dedicated to Gabriel Garcia Marquez and One Hundred Years of Solitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment