Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day Seventy Seven: Mumbai, its a big place

Day Seventy Seven April 9th, 2009
Mumbai

Due to very full trains, I had to wait one more day in Bombay to take the trip to Goa. I spent the day wandering around looking at the large, colonial buildings in the southern tip of Mumbai. Looking at a map of the city I barely saw anything however I walked all day. This city of 20 million is massive. I read that if it were a country it would be the 45th most populous in the world. Still adjusting to the pace and style of life in India, I shied away from using the public transit to take me deeper into the heart of the city. On a return visit, if there ever is one, I will make it a point to see the many varied neighborhoods of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment