Monday, March 16, 2009

Day Fifty Four to Fifty Nine: The City of Angels

Day Fifty Four to Fifty Nine March 16th to March 21st, 2009
Bangkok
The next few days were spent recovering from the whirlwind trip around S.E. Asia and taking a few cooking classes from the Silom Cooking School. The owner and sole teacher at the school is a very interesting fellow. His name is Nusi and he is a very, shall we say interesting man. The classes were fun and somewhat informative. I will definetly not be a master chef upon my return to the U.S. but I promise that I will be able to cook some lovely Thai, Vietnamese and Lao food. I am still searching for a decent place in India for cooking classes but with very little luck. The best option I have found so far will be so much money but may be worth it.

I really enjoyed the time in Bangkok. It is the most modern city that I have visited in S.E. Asia but still has a disticnt Thai flavor that is delicious. Even to get around the city is a joy. The taxis, the train, the buses, the river ferries.........

I love that there are dirt cheap food stalls right next to the most expensive hotels. It seems that all live in relative harmony.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm - I'll by the ingredients when you get back but you have to cook...

    ReplyDelete