
The natural beauty of this place is astounding. Me being the person that I am, I enjoy he opportunity to venture off roads, away from civilization. The park is a large lush jungle in the south of Thailand. One of the most striking features of the park is the large, man made lake that splits the park in half. The lake is the product of a damn that was built in 1982. The lake is a long, broad strip of water with many long fingers creating small peaceful passages to explore by boat.
Boating an hour and half over the lake deep into the jungle we came to a solitary row of bungalows floating over the water on one of the lakes quiet fingers.
Of the many species of animals present in the park we were able to watch some Gibbons in the morning. Gibbons have a unique call and no tail. It is true that you learn something new every day.
The Hornbill is also another noteworthy animal in the park.
As the sun rose in the morning, a light fog rolled over the trees and caressed the water. Diving into the lakes warm waters, I marveled at the sounds of the birds calls surrounding me and the slow movement of the fog over the tops of the trees.






these pictures are amazing!!!!!!!! wow, so beautiful. however, i think you need to purchase some new swimming trunks, you have had those since '97 ;) stay safe!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with your first photo! There is something so amazing about "real" rainstorms & that looks like it was an awesome one.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I'm not getting updates on when you're adding stuff, so I thought you'd been m.i.a. for a while. I will try to catch up on all the entries I have missed. Sorry I've missed them before now.
You are missed Johnie.
It looks like you are having a great time and I can't wait to hear all the stories.
Just out of curiosity - how much a night were the accommodations on the water?
Hundreds of hugs!