Friday, February 6, 2009

Day Sixteen: Suits and being stuffed with food

Day Sixteen February 6th, 2009

Last day in Lucknow and the last day before we head to Bangladesh. Our suits fit lovely, I was very surprised that the tailor was able to make the fit that enjoy even thought I am about a foot taller than most Indians. We visited a very expansive and beautiful area called the Residency. It was at one time the grounds for the British during their occupation and the site of a large uprising during the beginning of the fight for independence.



The eating continued as we head to another mall. Here we ate wonderful kebabs, and KFC. After saying goodbye to Ankur and his wonderfully hospitable family James and I took an overnight train to Delhi.

An unfortunate thing happened on the way from Lucknow to Delhi. The food and bacteria of India had finally gotten to me. In the middle of the night I spent a good half hour in the stale, stinky bathroom of the train expelling all the water from my body as if I were a fire hose. A trip to the chemist will be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment